What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

IMAP Offline Editing - iPad2

stuadel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all

I've been searching to a solution to this one but no luck...hoping someone can help.

My work email account is hosted by Dreamhost as is an IMAP account. Using my emails on my iPad is great until I want to edit/sort emails on a plane (or somewhere else without WiFi connectivity). I spent an hour reading and moving emails to folders. When I could get an internet connection again...all of my hard work was undone. Sending emails was great as they sat in the Outbox until I could connect again.

Is there a solution to this using the standard iPad Mail app? Or any alternative apps available that allow offline edits?

Many thanks
Stuart

OP
S

stuadel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, looks like I've found a fix by changing the Prefix Path to "INBOX". I've tested a couple of times with WiFi off on my iPad, moved some emails, reconnected and the changes seemed to have stayed. I then checked on my iPhone and updating the inbox there shows the changes made. Fingers crossed it stays this way...
Hope I haven't wasted anyone's time.
Stuart

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your solution.

In the Advanced settings for IMAP accounts it is possible to choose between server and local Inbox, Sent, and Trash folders. I don't know if that would make any difference, but if your current solution doesn't do the job, you can try those settings and see what happens.

Most reactions

Latest posts