What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm looking to buy an iPad 2: What kind of memory should I get? 32GB or 64 GB?

WrathOfSpen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Never really owned an iOS device and my smartphone is an Android. I'm thinking the main thing I'd use the iPad for is music (spotify), movies (Netflix/Ripped), internet (TweetDeck/Everyday searching), pictures, and games. More than likely I will be using it on road trips, at home, and at school. I use up all the internal memory my phone has (less than 4GB including the uninstallable crap) and I am using up 7GB of my 8GB sd card. My question is should I buy a 64GB or a 32GB?

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Well, if you have a lot of films, it will have to be 32 or more, as they take up room. I have 32GB and my music and and apps take up space. I wish I had a 64 now but it's manageable.
Welcome by the way!
Sent from my one and only original iPad using iPF

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and Welcome to the Forum!

If you like movies and music the larger the better in my opinion. Once you get an iPad you will realize all the different uses for it that you may not even be thinking of right now. I have the 64gb and am so glad I do!

The IPad Forum is a Community of members from all walks of life and from all over the world coming together to share our experiences and to help each other learn about this wonderful piece of technology the IPad.
There is a wealth of information already here in the many threads we have so doing some searches will answer most of the questions that you have. If then you can't find the answer you are seeking, then by all means post your question. You will find many friendly and informed members here only too willing to help you.

We also have our own App - Discussion Forum for IPad Users It is a very simple app to navigate.
Reading the iPad Manuals is a great place to start, so please download a copy of these http://www.support.apple.com/manuals/ipad/
A very informative thread from which you will learn many tips and shortcuts for the iPad
http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-general-discussions/21590-tips-tricks-those-us-who-dont-know.html
We have rules like any Community so please read these also
http://www.ipadforums.net/forum-rul...um-rules-everybody-please-read.html#post14697

Once again we welcome you here and are so pleased you have joined us. Enjoy!!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It really depends on how you use your iPad. I got the 32GB WiFi model and It never gets past 75% full. Maybe because I never store too much music or movies in it. I do like watching videos but most of them are streamed online so my storage really isn't taking a hit.

But my advice to you is to get the largest one that you can afford. You can never have too much storage. :)

pitch4life

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes, follow sir bens recommend...I have the 32 GB and I'm @ 60% full and I haven't even started storing all that I want on my ipad..

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They all have a fixed memory of 512 meg

If you mean storage, I have the 64 gig and have it mostly full. Hope more storage is available on iPad3 but use my GoFlex Satellite 500 gig wifi drive to boost it. That's a lot of storage.

VanHalen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 64g and have all my music and many movies on it. I debated but am glad I opted for the larger capacity. As other have said, it depends on you usage.

s2mikey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
locoman said:
I have a 64g and for the life of me, can't see how I will ever get over 32g of data on it.

That's why I went ahead and got the 32 gb unit. It's like the Goldilocks story.... 64 gb is a little much and pricey. 16 gb isn't quite enough. 32 gb is just right. ;)

Most reactions

Latest posts