What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Idea: Homemade iPad Stand

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OK, Ok, inadequate CS3 skills aside, I think I'm on to something! Take your average desktop mounted retractable light stand, but instead of the light, simply attach your iPad at the end. This would be great way to compliment your desktop computer with an iPad that has a full range of motion (up,down,left,right,back,forward) hovering right there where you need it. And it could be easily rigged for audio and power. Am I making sense?

I'm still trying to figure out how to properly mount an iPad to the stand. A car mount with a few custom screw holes and a u-bolt would probably work (but expensive). Unlike my picture, you'd need a light stand that fastened to the edge of your desk to counterbalance the weight of an iPad.

Hopefully the attachment works. I might be losing my mind waiting for the 3g to come out, or it might be an alright idea. Who knows..

3 more days and counting!

You clearly give me an idea i will develop (even just for the fun)

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Excellent. Let me know how it works!

(where did my thread go?)
Weird!???!

Anyway, about your reference to a table lamp. I've had the same idea about a similar lamp but it's on a floor stand. I use such a lamp for reading but I can't find another one to transform in an iPad stand.

I'll just buy a car stand from iPadone's store and fix it to a microphone boom.

OP
I

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad car window clamp

Excellent. Let me know how it works!

(where did my thread go?)
Weird!???!

Anyway, about your reference to a table lamp. I've had the same idea about a similar lamp but it's on a floor stand. I use such a lamp for reading but I can't find another one to transform in an iPad stand.

I'll just buy a car stand from iPadone's store and fix it to a microphone boom.

Ivan no need la we already think about this point :D, and some other details

Attachments

• x01.jpg
    x01.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 7,152
  • x03.JPG
    x03.JPG
    21.2 KB · Views: 2,199
  • D8BEAE7274C84126.jpg
    D8BEAE7274C84126.jpg
    4.2 KB · Views: 1,104

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ivan no need la we already think about this point :D, and some other details
That's about it. I want to install that
172d1272407241-idea-homemade-ipad-stand-x01.jpg
on a microphone stand such as
Stagg%20mic%20stand.JPG

I could install that holder next to a sofa or a bed. Then I could read myself to sleep without fear of dropping the iPad.;)

Last edited:

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I may make a wood stand to hold my iPad while it is being charged. It might be fun. I could make one out of aluminum that might be more appropriate, but I want polished wood.

Most reactions

Latest posts