What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

iCloud Mail rules to put in folders why marked as read

Archer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

Since moving over to iCloud mail I find that mail I have rules on to go to folders are maked as read, so when I look at folders I do not get the number of unread messages, anyone know a way round this apart from deleting the rules.

Cheers

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The rule should not mark it unread. My test rule did not. You may want to try deleting the rule, then adding it again in iCloud.com.

However: secondary folders do not get push notifications. When I send an email that has a Cloud rule, it gets moved before it goes to the Inbox (so it seems). This means that Mail does not receive a push notification. Until I actually open the folder in question Mail does not look at the server for that folder's contents; so it does not know there is an unread email in the folder.

Once I navigate to the folder the new mail is loaded, and shows up as unread. You must have email already in the folder, otherwise the new email (being the only one there) will automatically be opened and marked as read.

My Gmail Exchange account can be set up to push selected folder, but I can't not find a comparable setting for iCloud. I do not see any solution to your problem.

Most reactions

Latest posts