What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Icloud confusion

schnisz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm a little late to the Apple party, but I am a new owner an Ipad2 and Iphone. I've got the icloud installed on the phone and the ipad. My contacts seem to have synced, but I don't get how to sync pictures. Everywhere I read mentions photostream, is that a separate app? I downloaded one called photostream but it doesn't appear to do what I need. What am I missing?

davidalan99

iPF Novice
Reaction score
You need to turn photo stream on. Go to settings on each device and under iCloud turn it on, since you already have a .me address you are using. Remember photo stream once on is only for new photos that are taken after it is activated. The syncing only takes place on wifi. From the book iCloud:
tap Settings > Photos (or Settings > iCloud > Photo Stream) and make sure Photo Stream is set to On. That’s it—no further configuration is required or possible. Having done that:
•From now on, photos you take on your iOS device (or that you add to your Camera Roll in some other way, such as by taking screenshots) are uploaded to your Photo Stream automatically.
•Your iOS device will automatically download photos added to your Photo Stream by your Mac, your PC, or another iOS device you own.

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Last edited:

misey

iPF Noob
Reaction score
How do you get photos from your pc do you have to have a Mac? If not how do you set up your pc?

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you install the iCloud control panel in windows and enable the Photostream option it creates a folder in your Pictures folder called Photo Stream with two subfolders. Pictures dragged into the Uploads folder will be added to your Photo Stream on all devices that have it enabled (yes, including the computer you just put those files in the upload folder on...). That's the easy iCloud way on a windows pc.

You can also use iTunes to sync Pictures from folders on your computer but that method can be a lot more involved, but has the advantage of not having a restriction on how many items show up on your iPad beyond the storage limit of the device :)

Most reactions