What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

i photo to dropbox?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not sure how to send my photos from iphoto to dropbox. Can only seem to upload the ones from "photos" on the ipad. Is it me?

The only way I found to send pictures from iPhoto app to Dropbox is one by one:

Choose the picture, then tap the arrow (upper right corner) to see this:

image-2335493049.jpg

Choose "Open In"

image-3949523585.jpg

Here, tap "Selected"

image-4090219042.jpg

Tap "Dropbox", and this will happen:

image-99544691.jpg

Save the picture after choosing the folder you prefer.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use iPhoto - but could you save all the photos from it to your Camera Roll (the Photos app)? Then, open Dropbox and select all those pictures you saved to be saved to Dropbox (you can put the pictures wherever you wish in Dropbox - even make a new folder).

Might be faster than one-by-one from within the iPhoto app?

Marilyn

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't use iPhoto - but could you save all the photos from it to your Camera Roll (the Photos app)? Then, open Dropbox and select all those pictures you saved to be saved to Dropbox (you can put the pictures wherever you wish in Dropbox - even make a new folder).

Might be faster than one-by-one from within the iPhoto app?

Marilyn

Agreed.
If you want them all stored in Dropbox, you can set up Camera Upload in the Dropbox app, and every time you open it, pictures are automatically uploaded from the Photo app (not iPhoto).

OP
J

Jane301

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your replies. It's the edited version from iphoto I'm trying to save to dropbox. May have to go with one at a time.
Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
What kind of files are they? Dropbox can open jpeg/jpg, tiff and gif files.

OP
J

Jane301

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks have it sorted, had changed the file name in error. Have sent to camera roll and made new folders. Something I read on dropbox said you can only send multiple photos from the photo folder but seems you can send from any you make. Really appreciate your help!

Most reactions