What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I might be a bit of a crumudgen...

seanr7

iPF Noob
Reaction score
...but am I the only person here that's tired of reading people complaining about dropping their iPad and the screen cracking? I mean for the love of god it's GLASS, not diamond or sapphire Chrystal. ANY glass is breakable so treat it with the same respect you'd treat any other piece of glass and the IPF will be a much less whinny place!

On another note I ordered a refurbished ipad2 for my GF today! Yes I know the 3 comes out in a month but Cupid has a holiday Tuesday so I pulled the trigger!

iDuffer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're not alone. OK, it's massive if it happens to you, and I would not like it to happen to me.
But if it did, I'd have to 'suck it up' as they say. Best advice, don't drop it...

Last edited:

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I don't even like thinking about dropping my iPad and shattering it!! :)
I am so careful with mine and treat it with the respect it deserves.
But if it were to happen, touch wood, it would be my fault, my problem, no one else's!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

scudder

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spend some of my spare time at work replacing the screens of iPod touches and iPhones at cost price (chocolate and fizzy drink is the nominal fee - yes, I get a lot of chocolate). I laugh every time someone tells me their tales of woe and how they broke it. Almost every one of them is in disbelief that it shattered when dropped... glass and impact = broken, simples!

robert1305

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I spend some of my spare time at work replacing the screens of iPod touches and iPhones at cost price (chocolate and fizzy drink is the nominal fee - yes, I get a lot of chocolate). I laugh every time someone tells me their tales of woe and how they broke it. Almost every one of them is in disbelief that it shattered when dropped... glass and impact = broken, simples!

I notice your profile page has had ten hits, bet they have all been to see what chocolate you like.:D

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
seanr7 said:
...but am I the only person here that's tired of reading people complaining about dropping their iPad and the screen cracking? I mean for the love of god it's GLASS, not diamond or sapphire Chrystal. ANY glass is breakable so treat it with the same respect you'd treat any other piece of glass and the IPF will be a much less whinny place!

On another note I ordered a refurbished ipad2 for my GF today! Yes I know the 3 comes out in a month but Cupid has a holiday Tuesday so I pulled the trigger!

Trust me you are NOT!!! :(

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

tlbaker

iPF Novice
Reaction score
leelai said:
I don't even like thinking about dropping my iPad and shattering it!! :)
I am so careful with mine and treat it with the respect it deserves.
But if it were to happen, touch wood, it would be my fault, my problem, no one else's!

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I concur !! :)

Sent from my Verizon Black 64GB iPad 2 With IOS 5.01 Update From NYC using iPF

ziffos

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You're not alone. OK, it's massive if it happens to you, and I would not like it to happen to me.
But if it did, I'd have to 'suck it up' as they say. Best advice, don't drop it...

No - the best advice is - make sure its insured either directly or via your household insurance.

debsylvania

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many of those posts are from folks who are probably pretty attached to their iPads or devastated because they've spent a good chunk of money on one and don't really know what to expect in terms of getting it fixed. When you're digging for a solution to a problem like that, you come to a forum like this... so voila!

Anyway, I don't mind seeing those posts. I'm always hopeful they find the help they need and feel better about the situation when they leave. Which is, by the way, the whole point of this forum being here and applies to the huge range of issues posted about every day.

OP, I hope your GF enjoys that new-to-her iPad!

Odonil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I cant even think of dropping Ipad. Its really precious to me. Also, yes you are right seanr7, its a glass. You have to take care of your Ipad yourself, and of course, since the tumblr old dashboard script works pretty well with tumblr, I guess that's the way to go.

Last edited:

ipadbraincell

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My ipad2 leads a very sheltered life inside a padded protective neoprene case, or when used outdoors a weather proof case with a translucent panel.

nobody but nobody is ever allowed near it - on pain of a nasty death!

But i have to admit - it is a very slippery little cuss - a grippy coating on the back could really help save unfortunate owners from such despair.

No helping some, my pal placed his ipad2 on which he was using for the cars workshop manual, under the rear wheel for safety against falling spanners etc. But forgot it when he rolled the car back oiff the ramps - whooop's

Most reactions

Latest posts