What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HTML5 and iPad/iPod

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Who needs flash when HTLM5 will do. A rather belated article over on

8bitrocket:purpleFloyd's HTML 5 Canvas Platform Game Running On An iPod Touch With Touch Controls

about PurpleFloyd's HTML5 based platformer that runs in mobile Safari on the iPhone/iPod.

I guess anyone with facility for HTML5 game writing could start on iPad games now if they haven't already. Apple already put out the screen resolution size. :D Time to get back into HTML/JS for me then. I've got a iPad VTT the needs creating.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Steve Jobs has mentioned this several times as HTML5 uses another method for video and renders Flash obsolete. I guess that is how he justifies not making his mobile devices Flash compatible.

OP
Dorje

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Try YouTube on HTML5 beta, works fairly well. I actually need to try it in the EVE Online MMORPG in game browser based on Chrome. The fight for the Video aspect is still on going as to which format to use (H.264 or .ogg). Apple has a stake because of the Canvas element (the thing that let's you make flash like games), and the H.264 video encoder.

The fun part is I will be able to get childern to create/mod games and let them play their own creations. In the past when I've done similer things it does seem to make them stop and think twice about all "that math shit."

Maybe the Wii will finally get web video, if they ever update the browser.

Most reactions

Latest posts