What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to Tether Ipad to Laptop on Windows 7?

commie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a way to have my ipad access a program on my laptop through tethering?

The program on my laptop runs a web server, and uses a web browser to open the localhost. Is it possible for me to use ipad to use Safari and open up that localhost url and have it open the program on my laptop?

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
commie said:
Is there a way to have my ipad access a program on my laptop through tethering?

The program on my laptop runs a web server, and uses a web browser to open the localhost. Is it possible for me to use ipad to use Safari and open up that localhost url and have it open the program on my laptop?

I would try Splashtop. Here is a screen shot of the program description. Notice that it is on sale.

Attachments

• image-3602389845.jpg
    image-3602389845.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 406
OP
C

commie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Splashtop looks promising and useful. but not exactly what I was looking for. I was hoping to use Safari to access one of the applications on my laptop, and not directly using the desktop of the laptop.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Lookup your laptop's IP address on the network, then try entering the following in the URL field of Safari.

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80

Where the x's represent the IP address.

Or leave off the :80.

If you laptop is running a web server as you say, this should work to connect you. Add more directory info with slashes inbetween if needed to get to the exact page you want.

No telling if the app will work. It should, if it doesn't use anything more complicated than CSS and Javascript (not JAVA).

OP
C

commie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Lookup your laptop's IP address on the network, then try entering the following in the URL field of Safari.

http://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:80

Where the x's represent the IP address.

Or leave off the :80.

If you laptop is running a web server as you say, this should work to connect you. Add more directory info with slashes inbetween if needed to get to the exact page you want.

No telling if the app will work. It should, if it doesn't use anything more complicated than CSS and Javascript (not JAVA).

Thank you!!! That did the trick..pretty simple.
But I had to change the :80 to :8888, then follow by the /x/x/menu.maf path to the actual page as you said.

The app is actually a standalone version of an ERP package...I am testing the ipad access......trying to figure out the gestures now.

Most reactions