What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HDD can mount, list file, but cant copy after 4.3.3 + JB

Mercantigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

My HDD was working with ifile.
Then I upgraded to 4.3.3 and Jailbreaked.

I dont know if it was caused by the upgrade, but now, I got an error when I try to copy any file from HDD to iPad on ifile. It appears a message "File cannot be copied. File already exists".
When I run terminal, I can mount the drive (it's Fat 32). I can see the files with ls command, but all files appear in red with an asterisk.
If I run the command "su root" and ls again, the red color and the asterisk gone, but if I try to copy, I got an error "device not configured".
If I try to open any file in iFile, nothing happens. It's not file corruption, since on the PC everything opens fine. With sd card, everything works fine.
Any clue to solve this? I need to copy files from the HDD to iPad.
Thanks in advance.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Although I'm not a JB guy, I know there are two different versions of iFile - one a non-JB iPad and one from the Cydia Store for JB devices. Which are you using here?

Tim

Most reactions

Latest posts