What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to screen share in hangouts through ipad

amitkalra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi guys...
I am not able to share screen of ipad through google hangout...
Can any one help me out in that

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, amitkalra! Welcome to iPF!

It should work this way:
After taking a screenshot, open Hangouts and choose the contact to whom you want to send it. Then tap this:

image-4088885303.jpg

That done, choose the photo icon:

image-3229745177.jpg

This will open your Camera Roll, where you can choose which photo to send. Tap the photo of your choice:

image-2122406861.jpg

It will fill the whole screen and show a green arrow next to it:

image-2111553163.jpg

Tap the arrow to send the screenshot.

Hope that helps.

OP
A

amitkalra

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Johanna...
But I did not mean screen shot....I want to share a keynote presentation or a doc through hangout...this option is there on desktop but m unable to find on ipad...

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Johanna... But I did not mean screen shot....I want to share a keynote presentation or a doc through hangout...this option is there on desktop but m unable to find on ipad...
Sorry, I can't find a way either. Compared to computer software, apps often have limits.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
The iPad does not have a full multitasking environment, in the sense that you can run two or more apps simultaneously. That means you can not run Google Hangouts and another app at the same time. So, no live screen sharing.

When you swap back and forth between apps on the iPad, the background app (with a few exceptions) is frozen in RAM, waiting to continue from where you left off, but not taking up any computing resources in the meantime.

The best way to share an iPad screen in Google Hangouts is to use an app like Reflector on your computer. It lets you use AirPlay to mirror the iPad's screen to a window on the computer. You can then share that window in the usual manner with Google Hangouts on the computer.

Good luck.

Most reactions