What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to - Mail App

ramasar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have experienced some issues when using Mail app in iPad2... Could someone let me know if there is any solution for the below queries?

How to move contacts from CC / BCC to TO?

How to change the color of font in Mail? Is it possible at all?
When composing a mail, is it possible to enable 'word wrap'?
How to configure Gmail in 'Push' with iOS 4.3.1?

Let me know your thoughts about the above?

Regards, Ram

Reaction score
1) Select->Cut->change selected field->Paste. Not sure what the issue is here, perhaps you haven't pressed on Cc/Bcc to expand the list?
2) Coloring doesn't seem to be possible within Mail, but you can compose the mail with coloring&formatting in an office app and then copy paste it into Mail
3) I am not sure, what word wrapping is in this case, free flow around images?
4) set up gmail as an exchange account, then you can enable Push:
http://www.google.com/support/mobile/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=138740

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Push is also enabled in the standard GMail account. You need to go into Google Mail settings on the web site and make sure IMAP is enabled.

On the other hand, I'm a big fan of using the Exchange account option. It is far more flexible. The only benefit I've seen with the standard account is that mail seems to show up a few seconds earlier. I'm guessing the Exchange server is often busier due to popularity and heavy use from non-iPad users.

jmorton10

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When composing a mail, is it possible to enable 'word wrap'?

Still waiting on delivery of my ipad 2, but I know safari does not word wrap which always annoyed me in my old ipod touch.

~John

Most reactions

Latest posts