What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to I display email sub folders

icebun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to configure the email client such that it is possible to see other email folders?

Right now I am limited to Inbox Sent etc.

Tried to look for another better email client in the App store but could not see one.

Thanks.

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have not found a way my self, and hope someone knows.

I also love that fact that apple will not let other e-mail clients in to the app store. I HATE the default e-mail client.

rd86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can get the other folders pushed down by going to settings - mail - click on your email account - click folders to push.

The mail client is brill once it's set up how you like it.

Saying that they won't be there if not already in place on the device. What mail provider are you using? I use gmail and get all of my folders.
Rhys

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
I

icebun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sorted!

I use PlusNet and just reconfigured my mail account from pop3 to imap.

Now I can see all my folders.

Thanks for all the responses.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sorted!

I use PlusNet and just reconfigured my mail account from pop3 to imap.

Now I can see all my folders.

Thanks for all the responses.

And that is the key. Only IMAP and Exchange accounts can sync folders. POP does not have this capability.

To create (or delete) more folders, you must do so on the server using the web site or via a computer client. Once created the new folders will automatically sync with the iPad.

K1W1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have 8 sub folders set up on my iPad that are pushed from our Exchange Server. they just mirror what I have on my desktop and the same forwarding rules apply.
The only problem is the same problem iPhones have. The unread email count on the home page icon only displays the unread emails in the Inbox not in any sub folders.

rd86

iPF Noob
Reaction score
But if you set your other folders to push too they should come up? Or is it still just the inbox?

Most reactions

Latest posts