What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to hide the keyboard / emoji widget?

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad case has a keyboard - Logi - but the iPad interface keeps showing me the on-screen keyboard widget, which often gets in the way of other things.
Is there a way to shut this off / dismiss this icon? Nothing I see in Settings has an effect.

Thank you!

iPad keyboard widget.png

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I don’t know of any way to get rid of it, but you can drag it to the other side of the screen, or the center if you want the predictive text and other controls visible.

It can occationally be inconvinient, but I’m glad this feature was added. It used to be a pain to pull up the software keyboard when a hardware keyboard was active. There a few things that are impossible or hard to do on the hardware keyboard, so having the software keyboard quickly available comes in handy now and then.

Most reactions

Latest posts