What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to find what takes the space on my iPad?

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello
I have iPad 3 16 Gb space. In settings I see that 4.4 Gb is used. My apps use no more than 1.5 Gb. I deleted all movies and pictures from my device but it did not make any difference.
Could you please advise how to find what takes the space and get rid of it?
Thanks

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you only look at the settings on your iPad, then maybe some of the apps use more space.
As an example:
Did you take a look at your Mail app? When you open an attachment, it needs some of the iPad's usage. It's good to delete the account from time to time, to clear up a little bit of space. When you set if up afterwards, you should notice that it's usage is lower than before.

You could try restarting and resetting your device as well.
Restart: turn off your iPad, turn it on again.
Reset: press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up.

In iTunes (computer) you might find another kind of usage: Other. Restoring is a good way to get rid of this.

Last edited:
OP
S

susja

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Folks,
That's my point .... In settings, general,usage I see that all my applications totally use less than 1.5 Gb while it claims that usage is 4.4 Gb. In my opinion it means that some data is stored which is not part of app. That' sway I deleted all movies, photo but it didn't change the usage of 4.4 Gb
Does it have some accessible way to see where data is stored?
Thanks

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Have moved this to the HELP SECTION and out of USER NEWS SUBMISSION section for better attention.

Skimonkey ~ ipadforum Moderator | iPhoneforum Moderator

Most reactions

Latest posts