What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to ensure the iPad always reconnects to chosen network?

ipad987

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Although my iPad mini connects to my desired network most of the time, it does occasionally switch to another network, a local pay-per-use network. It use to happen a lot when I had the 1st iPad but happens rarely now. I suppose the software upgrades have improved that. However, the odd time my broadband network connection drops, occasionally the network switches, and also occasionally when the battery is drained to zero. After recharge, occasionally, it would reconnect to the other network.

Don't get me wrong, its not a huge issue and is not really a big bother, but I was wondering is this could be completely voided.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You can choose to "forget" the network you don't want the iPad to be on. To do, go to the WiFi tab in your Settings app. Then, follow the steps here:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1368273896.896312.jpg

Once the iPad has "forgotten" the network, it should not pick it up again (unless you tell it to).

Hopefully, that helps. If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

zstairlessone

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Also, make sure ask to join networks is turned on. Once you forget the network it will not automatically connect, but ask you to join the network giving a backup of sorts.

Edit: to clarify, it will still automatically connect to any known network, just not unknown ones.

Most reactions

Latest posts