What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to download TV shows

donnyb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would like to be able to (legally) download episodes of a current TV series onto my iPad2 and watch it some time after it's broadcast. Is this possible?

AdmiralAdama

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Near the Ionian Nebula, still searching for Earth
You can purchase many shows by episode or by season through iTunes.
You can also view programs using network apps, from the app Store. I'm in Canada where CTV, Global and CityTv stream a great deal
of current content for free, within 24 hours after first broadcast.
Netflix has a good TV menu. There's a free app for iPad. All you pay is a monthly access fee of $7.99 for all you eat streaming.

AA

AlexW52

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently tried to watch "Downton Abbey" on the PBS website and it wouldn't let me because it needed Flash. Does anyone have ideas of how to get around that? I know Flash isn't compatible with Apple, and also didn't want to pay to watch what was available for free. Any tips?

iLloyd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Im currently on a 30 day trail with netflix. Ive been watching loads of series such as inbetweeners, prison break and heroes. And a few films. And at £5.99 you cant go wrong

Sent via my Opposable Thumbs

Qdiddy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hulu+ is probably the best as it has most episodes the day after the air or earlier, granted you can't download them though. As with Netflix it's only $7.99 a month. Theres also veetle.com that has a mobile site and shows current movies and tv shows, again no downloading just streaming.

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
AlexW52 said:
I recently tried to watch "Downton Abbey" on the PBS website and it wouldn't let me because it needed Flash. Does anyone have ideas of how to get around that? I know Flash isn't compatible with Apple, and also didn't want to pay to watch what was available for free. Any tips?

PBS has an app - use that not the web site.

ChristianaR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
D, the answer to your question will depend on what country you're in. I love your current location by the way.

uzumlubay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ChristianaR said:
D, the answer to your question will depend on what country you're in. I love your current location by the way.

You can of course get around regional restrictions by setting up a VPN link

Most reactions

Latest posts