What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How to add a word file to gmail sent from safari on ipad ?

ipad.subu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi

I have to attach some ms word files to my mails which i propose to send from my iPad

These files ...rather..attachments.. are on my g mail as attachment to other mail sent from my windows pc or on my windows pc as files on the pc

I haven't figured out how to store files in iPad and attach them to web mail sent from iPad

What are the best ways to do this ?

Any helps would be appreciated

Regards
Subu

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The iPad is different in its file management in that you have to be in the app where the file is, versus "grabbing" the file from within the Mail app.

For example, say you are viewing the files in the app Documents to Go (which is a good word processing app, BTW). After you've finished editing it, there's a button that you can press to send the file via e-mail. The key to remember is that regardless of which app you are in, you have to initiate e-mails from within that app in order to have an attachment.

It takes a bit getting used to, but that's the way the iPad works.

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck

Marilyn

OP
I

ipad.subu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mickey330 said:
The iPad is different in its file management in that you have to be in the app where the file is, versus "grabbing" the file from within the Mail app.

For example, say you are viewing the files in the app Documents to Go (which is a good word processing app, BTW). After you've finished editing it, there's a button that you can press to send the file via e-mail. The key to remember is that regardless of which app you are in, you have to initiate e-mails from within that app in order to have an attachment.

It takes a bit getting used to, but that's the way the iPad works.

Hope that helps a bit. Good luck

Marilyn

Thanks

If I have to write. A covering letter and enclose a file the file being a word file or an xl file how do I do that in iPad ?

Most reactions

Latest posts