What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How many pay for 3G /4G SERVICE?

Lisajo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a 1 month 1gb 3 sim ready, been in voda but signal is too patchy. If 3 is good signal I'll get the 3 month sim.

petermillard

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm on pay-as-you-go for data on my iPad - I bought a 3G specifically because there was a plan of this type available here in the UK, as all I want it for is to keep contacts and calendar in sync. The plan came with £10 UKP of credit when I received my iPad in May and I haven't used it all up yet... :eek:

MayaD

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchase monthly 3G service when and if I need it. I hate that I have to remember to cancel service before it automatically rolls over.

SBHOKC

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I also just pay for it when I know I am traveling otherwise I never really need as wifi is everywhere I am!

johnnyvol

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I purchase monthly 3G service when and if I need it. I hate that I have to remember to cancel service before it automatically rolls over.

I do it this way as well. Don't need it all the time so whenever I add a month I cancel it soon thereafter so it won't automatically renew 30 days later.

Mossi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the wifi version. When there is no wifi available I connect to the 3G network from my Droid rooted phone.

I have a rooted DroidX but I've been unable to tether. I have installed Wireless Tether and Barnacle, but neither is able to connect me to the Internet even though my iPad shows that the apps are tethering. I'd love to find someone who would spend time to help me. What did you do?

With Wings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pay for 3G. It comes in handy for work and fun. $25 bucks a month is a pretty good deal considering what you get.

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They have a deal here in Japan through a company called Softbank where you get a 16GB 3G iPad for free if you sign up for a 2 year data contract. It's $45 a month for unlimited data. Not a good deal for me, but if someone didn't already have internet or a data plan might not be a bad idea.

Wakawaka

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I pay the current $14.99 for AT&T 3G service. I have no need for their higher plans at the moment. The lack of flash on the iPad cuts down on downloaded media so 250mb fits me fine for now. We'll see as time goes on though. I wish AT&T would allow unlimited once again once they launch their 4G service.

DanTrueman71

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I got the wifi model.. Couldn't stomach the idea of paying for another mobile contract, and don't often find myself in need of 3G. At home i have wifi, at friends and families homes i can use wifi, at work i can sort of use wifi, and if i ever get desperate anywhere else, i can use my nokia e71 as a wifi hotspot (it works, but its slow).

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wish AT&T would allow unlimited once again once they launch their 4G service.

There was an article about Sprint's 4GLTE saying that with the new speeds you can go thru your 5GB limit on one plan in 32 minutes. Hopefully as bandwidth increases wireless companies will offer true unlimited plans instead of the pseudo unlimited plans they have now (unlimited except, unless, at this time, etc).

Tasty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have the wifi 32 gb iPad buti I also have the mifi from verizon which is 50 bucks a month for 5 gb.

Most reactions