What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

How are photos stored on iPad

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
DropBox is a good solution. If you like it, use it.

I don't know why your photos continue to show up sideways. The problem is solved for most people by taking portrait pictures with the home button at the bottom and landscape with the home button to the right. Make sure your screen lock is off (so that the screen adjusts when you turn the iPad).

!Oops! Just realized I said power button last time. I meant the home button. Sorry. Home button at the bottom or right.

That is all I can think of.

WhydidIbuyit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just realized something I did not know. I always have my screen locked on portrait. I did not know I had to unlock the screen if I wanted to take pictures in landscape mode ... Which I'd never considered doing anyhow. It still doesn't explain why my pictures are flipped sideways in some recipients emails.

My quest continues.

The Photosync program looks like a keeper. I've loaded it. Still don't see a reason to keep DropBox.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
DropBox has many uses, as backup, a general method of copying or accessing the same file on multiple devices, and sharing large files with other people. I'd hang on to it. Your are bound to find something useful to do with it eventually.

Most reactions