What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home Weather Monitors?

RAC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does any one know of a home weather station that uses the iPad (or any tablet) as a console? I am thinking that there would be an external WiFi sensor/transmitter (temperature, humidity etc) and an App that would display the data. Ideally, the transmitter would store hourly values for the past 24 hours.

The are lots of home weather stations, from Oregon Scientific and others, but their displays are not very goog and the iPad would do a much better job.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
That would be cool. I haven't seen or heard of anything. I think I'll hang out here and see if you get an answer. ;)

A computer based weather station that can serve up a realtime webpage would do the job, but probably be outrageously expensive and a pain to set up.

Edit: This looks like a promising, if round about way of doing things.

App Store - Home Weather

Update: While the app is still in the store it has not been updated since 2009, and the developer support pages appear to be down, or gone. Oh well.

Last edited:

Heaviside

iPF Novice
Reaction score
kierandill said:
This software, combined with their hardware, maybe?:
Davis | WeatherLink - Find Out More Page
Advantage of it being web-based, you can monitor it from work, trips, whatever.

Here's what a website near me looks like:
Davis | WeatherLink - My Weather Page

Thanks a lot for the links. My wife is an avid and "certified" weather nut, so this thread has given me a great idea for a Christmas gift. The Davis weather station looks good, but some of the comments on Amazon.com are not too favorable. For example, one guy has had two. He claims that the first one lasted five years (which he seemed to feel was fine) before various sensors began to fail. His second had problems from the get-go, and he says that customer service us virtually nonexistent.

I'm looking forward to seeing what recommendations others have.

Most reactions

Latest posts