What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home screens

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I want to do:
I would like to take advantage of the 11 home screens and have one screen for games, one for communications, one for social networking, etc. Can I do this?
From what I've read on google, all I have to do is drag the icon to the right and it will go to the next screen but when do that it just springs back to where it was.
Can this be accomplished?

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You just have to be patient and s-l-o-w-l-y move the icon to the edge of the current screen. Also, don't let go until it moves over to the next page.

It's a bit finicky - but you'll eventually get the hang of it.

Good luck.

Marilyn

OP
the_john

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much! That was driving me crazy.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can also do this with iTunes on your PC with your iPad connected.

addiosamigo

iPF Noob
Reaction score
don't you use folders??

rather than home pages you can just have a folder for each subject, to do this just click and hold an icon and drag it onto another one (which you want in the same folder)

OP
the_john

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had them in folders but I wanted to try having them on separate pages to see which option I liked better.

Somerled

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.deckyon.com
When I got my iPad, iOS 4 was not available for it yet, so I had to use the different screens. I don't think I will ever go back to that unless forced to. My iPod Touch (Gen 1) wont update to iOS 4 (not supported) and I hate swiping screens on it.

I have 15 folders set up on my iPad and 5 apps I use the most (this is besides the bottom bar)

OP
the_john

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I already switched them back to folders. That got real old real fast.

Most reactions