What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Home button not working. Any suggestions?

gino321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Not able to use home button. Just stopped working. Tried everything I know. Reboot. Reset. Recalibrate. Anything else?

OP
G

gino321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Was there any degradation in performance before it stopped working?

Yes, it slowly deteriorated over a few weeks. It clicks but nothing happens at all. Using assistive feature to make it work.

OP
G

gino321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What version of ipad is it? Does the home button still click or is it stuck?

It's about five years old. I think third or fourth generation. The button clicks but nothing happens.

OP
G

gino321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Likely just worn out unfortunately. A reputable third party repair shop could fix it for you if you have access to one. The other option is to use the assistive feature as you currently are.

Thanks. Appreciate the advice.

Agent1191

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not able to use home button. Just stopped working. Tried everything I know. Reboot. Reset. Recalibrate. Anything else?
My cousin's ipad did the same thing.He had nothing to lose so I got a drop of contactt cleaner ( I suppose alcohol would work also ) and held the home button down, put the cleaner on the home button, and pushed it on and off many times. and lo and behold, it started to work, and worked ever since. I made sure it was powered off first. The reason to hold the button is so the cleaner gets in, around, and down and under the button to hit the contact. Your call.

OP
G

gino321

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My cousin's ipad did the same thing.He had nothing to lose so I got a drop of contactt cleaner ( I suppose alcohol would work also ) and held the home button down, put the cleaner on the home button, and pushed it on and off many times. and lo and behold, it started to work, and worked ever since. I made sure it was powered off first. The reason to hold the button is so the cleaner gets in, around, and down and under the button to hit the contact. Your call.

Thanks. Worth a try.

OP
G

gino321

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Gave it a try. No luck.

Most reactions

Latest posts