What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

High speed charging with a 10w charger?

Joeteck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yesterday I drained my iPad down to 8%.. I wanted to see how long it would take to charge it back to 100%. I did some reading and it should take about 12 hours to be absolute 100%.. Since the battery is larger @ 42 watt-hours, vs ipad 2 @ 25 watt-hours. However, if you just want to charge and not do anything on it, Just let it sit there, I found by putting it in Airplane mode speeds up the charging process. It went from 8% to 100% in a 5.5 Hours..

That's not too bad...

Just wanted to share my findings...

Joe

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Joeteck said:
Yesterday I drained my iPad down to 8%.. I wanted to see how long it would take to charge it back to 100%. I did some reading and it should take about 12 hours to be absolute 100%.. Since the battery is larger @ 42 watt-hours, vs ipad 2 @ 25 watt-hours. However, if you just want to charge and not do anything on it, Just let it sit there, I found by putting it in Airplane mode speeds up the charging process. It went from 8% to 100% in a 5.5 Hours..

That's not too bad...

Just wanted to share my findings...

Joe

Would turning it off speed things even more? 5.5 hours is not bad.

OP
J

Joeteck

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I tried... It turns on when you plug it in..

EDIT: You can turn it off when its already pluged in... Now I would have to test this out... ;) !!

Last edited:

5er driver

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the airplane mode info. I usually turn the pad off while it's plugged in to charge overnight.

Sent from my iPhone 4S or iPad 3rd gen, whichever I happened to have in my hands at the time, using iPF.net

Most reactions