What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hide Purchased Apps

• Thread starter Deleted member 247820
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 247820

I notice it is possible to "hide" the icon of a purchased app in either On this iPad or not on this iPad. (By swiping, the Hide word appears.)
However the "hiding" only lasts as long as that page is open.
That is closing the page and then opening On this iPad, the hidden icon is now visible.
Is that how it is supposed to work?
If so it seems useless.
I am useing iPad Mini 2 with iOS 9.1

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Sounds like a bug. It should hide the app from being seen in the purchased tab unless/until you go to your account settings and unhide app purchases.

A quick test shows that it is doing the same thing on my iPad.

OP
D

Deleted member 247820

Thanks T Poet.
Seems I am not alone on this item.
I guess it will be fixed in the future.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hopefully. On the other hand, it's not like it worked before. Or I should say the feature wasn't there before. I don't know when the Hide feature was added to the iPad's version of the App Store, but not long ago you could only hide iTunes/App Store content in iTunes on a computer.

That probably still works.

OP
D

Deleted member 247820

I forgot to add that the hide/unhide took place in iTunes and then with the iPad connected to the PC, the hide/unhide transferred to the iPad.

rasmith1959

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I notice it is possible to "hide" the icon of a purchased app in either On this iPad or not on this iPad. (By swiping, the Hide word appears.)
However the "hiding" only lasts as long as that page is open.
That is closing the page and then opening On this iPad, the hidden icon is now visible.
Is that how it is supposed to work?
If so it seems useless.
I am useing iPad Mini 2 with iOS 9.1

No that's not the intended function of the hide option. What this is for is to hide apps when you have set up family sharing to hide apps from other members of the family sharing group.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No that's not the intended function of the hide option. What this is for is to hide apps when you have set up family sharing to hide apps from other members of the family sharing group.

Roy

Sent from my iPad Air using Tapatalk

First I've heard of that. The ability to hide a purchased app predates the Family Sharing feature; though you could only hide apps using iTunes on a computer. If Apple has redefined it as only affecting the views of family share members, it's a new behavior.

Well, new to me. It could have easily been introduced with Family Sharing, and I never found out. It's not a service I can easily test.

OP
D

Deleted member 247820

Hi Roy.
Thanks for your input.
Are you saying that it will only hide an app if I am in a family sharing situation?
Just to refresh, for me the "hide" button is present, but it does not stick.

Most reactions

Latest posts