What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from Colombia

jccd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I'm a hi-tech enthusiastic. I want to share some of my experience.

There are not many iPads yet in Colombia, but I think it'll be a lot...

I've already connected mi iPad to a 3G carrier in Colombia and it works well...

Regards to all!!!

testolas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am traveling to Colombia and would like to use my Ipad there what company has a sim card I could plug into my Ipad and what is the cost if anyone knows. Thanks

OP
J

jccd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I live in Colombia and I use my iPad with a 3G data plan a lot.
Here we have cellular companies 3 options. Comcel, Movistar and Tigo. All of three have a prepaid data plans. The only issue is that they don't have microsim, I had to cut the Sim card and it works very well on my iPad.

You can check COMCEL, MOVISTAR and TIGO web sites (don't forget to put ".co" at the end) for reviewing all prepaid data plan that they have. You can choose a day, a week and a month data plan unlimited without contract. All of them are 3G.

I hope this information can help you.

macklin

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I live in Colombia and I use my iPad with a 3G data plan a lot.
Here we have cellular companies 3 options. Comcel, Movistar and Tigo. All of three have a prepaid data plans. The only issue is that they don't have microsim, I had to cut the Sim card and it works very well on my iPad.

You can check COMCEL, MOVISTAR and TIGO web sites (don't forget to put ".co" at the end) for reviewing all prepaid data plan that they have. You can choose a day, a week and a month data plan unlimited without contract. All of them are 3G.

I hope this information can help you.

Hi There JC,
I have a question, when you said you had to cut the Sim card and it works very well... do you mean that literally or you just mean you don't need the Sim card at all for it to work there? Thanks.

OP
J

jccd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi macklin,
I've cut the simcard beacause the iPad use a microsim. I used the instructions from Youtube

Search: How to make MicroSIM - TEMPLATE INCLUDED!

Regards

MVPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi jccd, thank you for the information but I have another question for you if you don't mind. I am going on vacation to Colombia for 3 weeks and I want to bring my iPad along. I don't expect I will be using it that often since I will be traveling out of the capital and doing sight seeing but i want to have the luxury if using it here and there. I do speak Spanish but reading it is another story! (i did go to the websites you referred us to but lets just say i got a headache and got lost in translation). So to cut to the point which plan exactly do you have and how much did it cost? (and if you have any suggestions/recommendations for my situation I would greatly appreciate it!!!!) Advanced thanks from the US.

OP
J

jccd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi MVPR now we have some options for prepaid sim cards for internet connection. One of them and you can find it at any supermarket is UFF! ( Inicio | Uff ) they have a smartphone plan that is only for internet. it cost $25.000 colombian pesos close to US$12 for a month.

MVPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you so much! Is the plan you are referring to called Plan smartphone Maximo mes?
It says for example I have unlimited use during my period plan to use YouTube (and it lists some other websites) but does that mean that I have limited use of other websites that aren't listed?

MVPR

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi! Thanks! Sorry I haven't introduced myself. I recently was given an iPad by my brother as a graduation gift. I am not savy at all when it comes to technology but I use my iPad EVERYDAY and love it! So I'm just here to learn tips and tricks from others, get help and learn how I can get the best out of my iPad.

OP
J

jccd

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes this plan is Plan Smartphone Maximo Mes, this kind of plan you can access to all web sites unlimited. The only limitation is the broadband congestion that can cause slow web surfing.

Most reactions

Latest posts