What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi from an ex Android pad user

hadatransformer

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi all
I have been lurking a bit before I took the plunge and bought an Ipad 2,
I previously had the Asus Transformer which while being a very nice pad It just didn`t have the smoothness or slickness of the Ipad. Anyway that was sold on Ebay to fund my new purchase, on the Transformer bbc iplayer was so so but on the Ipad its a thing of beauty, what finaly swung it was the Apps...nearly all are released on Ipad 1st and usually better than the Android version.Just my opinion and I`m sure I`d get shot down in flames if I posted this on the Transformer forum..I just got fed up of having to flash custom firmware to make it do things properly.

Mike

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Hasty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome Mike.
I'm sorry your previous experience wasn't as good as it could have been, but as a heavy user since the day the iPad was released I still find myself thinking what a neat bit of kit it is.
It doesn't do everything, but what it does do is done with ease and grace and where it fails there's usually a workaround somewhere.
Thankfully the old android/apple, open/closed arguments seem to have died down somewhat with reality triumphing over the hype.

Most reactions

Latest posts