What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hi All!

siteplan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Office2HD better than QuickOffice. I noticed that QuickOffice messes up the original formatting of certain excel files and it crashes alot when using powerpoint. I haven't tested Documents To Go.

Psunate77

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Do any of these let you use hyperlinks and such? I have docstogo and I know it can't. Maybe Office2?

Thanks

deepakvrao

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like Office2HD better than QuickOffice. I noticed that QuickOffice messes up the original formatting of certain excel files and it crashes alot when using powerpoint. I haven't tested Documents To Go.

Just downloaded Office2HD, and it loses date formatting of cells, as well as formulas from one sheet to another.

Was hoping Quickoffice was better.

candirisk

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been a really useful discussion. I am new to apple and am finding working through iTunes to be a bit of a challenge.
I have managed to upload some excel spreadsheets into the numbers app and they all work fine except one.....this one is not complex but is large and has text boxes in it. The whole spreadsheet is 12 mb in size but the iPad only loads up about 2 mb of it. Am I doing something wrong or is this what I should expect?

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This has been a really useful discussion. I am new to apple and am finding working through iTunes to be a bit of a challenge.
I have managed to upload some excel spreadsheets into the numbers app and they all work fine except one.....this one is not complex but is large and has text boxes in it. The whole spreadsheet is 12 mb in size but the iPad only loads up about 2 mb of it. Am I doing something wrong or is this what I should expect?
See my answer to your same question on another thread:

http://www.ipadforums.net/ipad-apps/38914-spreadsheets.html#post274199

hidef2010

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello everyone,
I just wanted to say what a great site this is.... and how helpful it has been. I have been reading this site for some time and finally decided to join! :)
So, to the topic at hand.....

I did some searches but came up empty..... I have just recently downloaded Quick Office Pro for my iPad2 and I noticed that the merged cells on a very basic spreadsheet do not appear as merged when I open the document in QOP. Let me explain, cell B1 to F1 are merged and they contain an address [123 Main Street, Toronto, Canada] if I want to edit this in QOP I have to select cells C1, D1 etc...where I should just be able to go to cell B1 and edit all of the address.

I also have Documents to go and the same spread sheet appears with all merged / single cells as I originally created them on my home computer.

So, does anyone know if I am doing something wrong in QOP, or perhaps overlooking a "merge" function for cells somewhere. Or does QOP not recognize merged cells?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks again in advance

hidef2010

dianella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@rich
1.Can i know about the power point more? Because i already install the office2 hd but when i open the power point it not support all the things that i normally we can do in ms power point at laptop. Such as one by one the sentence appear, or one by one fade away.. U get what i meant?
2. In the office2 hd power point, sometimes got the box which hv text or picture cant appear.
3. one more about the ms word, u right sometimes the colour missing,Why it can be happen? While i try to open in pdf reader still can see the colour
Many thanks.

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
@rich
1.Can i know about the power point more? Because i already install the office2 hd but when i open the power point it not support all the things that i normally we can do in ms power point at laptop. Such as one by one the sentence appear, or one by one fade away.. U get what i meant?
2. In the office2 hd power point, sometimes got the box which hv text or picture cant appear.
3. one more about the ms word, u right sometimes the colour missing,Why it can be happen? While i try to open in pdf reader still can see the colour
Many thanks.
Well, the answer to all three questions is the same. Office2 HD doesn't handle all of the Microsoft Office program elements the same as Microsoft's own software. That's pretty much true of any program that "interprets" another program's data. Secondly the iPad is not a full-fledged computer and expecting it to act like a desktop or even a healthy laptop is probably not realistic. There are certain limits as to how software and hardware manages programs that third parties (in this case Office2 HD) often have no control over or have to make trade-offs to accommodate things. Some fonts might be substituted, certain processor intensive activity like complicated transitions or builds have to be sacrificed. In the end I never encountered any differences that were so drastic that I couldn't work with them with Office2 HD or many other similar apps though.

That said I've found that an iPad app called "2Screens" that seems to handle PowerPoint presentations a little more elegantly. It's not so much for editing, but when you bring a PowerPoint (or Keynote) presentation into it, it maintains most or all of the special effects that you're probably expecting so you might give that a try.

With respect to Word documents, it seems every app out there has a "special way" of handling them. As you've discovered, if you want a document to look exactly as you created it, you can either create it in a proprietary program (like Word) and save it as a PDF file or create it in a native program like Apple's Pages or Keynote (which are available for all of their platforms, the Mac, iPad and iPhone). I've always found Keynote to be much easier to use and the results have always been more impressive than PowerPoint IMO.

Hope that helps!

Last edited:

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone, I'm new to this forum & found this info very helpful. Thanx :)
Welcome to the forum! There are a lot of great people here willing to lend a hand anytime. Often using the Advanced Search box (at the top of every page) will lead you to the answers you're looking for. If not, feel free to post a question in the appropriate area.

Please take a moment to view the information here to get the most out of your iPad as well as our forum:

Forum Rules - Please read
Hacking Rules - Please read
iPad for Beginners
Free iPad User Manuals
Download The Official iPad Forum App

Welcome again and enjoy!

P.S. I really like your signature/quote...wish more people had that attitude! :)

dianella

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Many thanks rich for that explanation. I will try to download the keynote. Because i want to do special effect which is i already made in my laptop.becAuse im planning to buy the ms power point apps in apple store, i thought it will be more compatible with me with All the special effect.

Most reactions

Latest posts