What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Bookmarks - Windows

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Now that IE is going away and thankfully not yet, how will I update my bookmarks in the iPad Pro's Safari browser via Windows 10 iTunes?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you go to Apple.com and search for iCloud on Windows, you can install iCloud access on your Windows machine. In the controls for this app you can choose to sync iOS bookmarks with whatever browsers show up. IE and FireFox show up on my Windows 10 machine. Edge does not, but seems to kind-of sync anyway. Or it did at one time. Nothing seems to be up-to-date. If I used the Windows laptop more I'd probably try to solve that.

There are other sync and access tools as well which makes it worth looking into, even if you don't get the bookmarks to sync properly. If you have One Drive, you can also get that to work in the Files app on the iPad. While the sharing between Windows and iPadOS isn't perfect, it is usable.

Another option to to change your default browser on both Windows and the iPad to Firefox or Chrome. Both of these have their own way to sync bookmarks across devices, and don't much care which operating system you use. That said, I don't care for either of them. Safari works fine, and Edge is tolerable (after tweaking).

OP
S

sethm1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Began playing with FF & Chrome apps on the iPad. Is it me or they don’t have bookmark bars - as does Safari?

Most reactions

Latest posts