What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help with Barnes & Noble ebook . . .

michael180

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just purchased an eBook from Barnes & Noble, and tired to convert it through Calibre as I do all of my downloads, but Calibre can't do it because of the DRM restrictions. So I downloaded the Barnes & Noble reader from the app store, but that's for the iPhone, and it looks like hell on my iPad. Can somebody tell me how, or if it's possible to remove the DRM restri

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
B&N were supposed to release an Ipad app on the 3rd... I was looking for this as well and only found the iphone app. I was hoping the app would be full featured and allow you to browse books (Read one) while at a B&N like you are able to do with the Nook. My bets are that the NOOK is on its way out and they will need to support the Ipad if they wish to sell ebooks.

I just purchased an eBook from Barnes & Noble, and tired to convert it through Calibre as I do all of my downloads, but Calibre can't do it because of the DRM restrictions. So I downloaded the Barnes & Noble reader from the app store, but that's for the iPhone, and it looks like hell on my iPad. Can somebody tell me how, or if it's possible to remove the DRM restri

iserian

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP
M

michael180

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes and No -

That is the Kindle App for Amazon's DRM. B&N was supposed to their app available on or around the 3rd to support their modified EPUB DRM.

I found a B&N app but it appears to be for the iphone since it only loads in a few inches of the screen.
The Kindle app for the iPad is acceptable, but the B&N iPhone app is a joke. It just stretches everything, quite ugly. I called B&N and that's what they recommended. I just purchased two eBooks from B&N, and they are virtually unreadable on my iPad.

Most reactions