What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP! sync ipad2; auto delete my apps

Status
Not open for further replies.

striker_e23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i just bought Ipad2 and jailbreak it; cydia. it is in version 4.3.3. ios5
is there a way where i can sync my ipad with my laptop(compaq) without iTunes auto deleting my apps?
everytime i try to sync, it will delete my apps. is this normal?

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
First, go into iTunes Preferences, the Devices tab, and prevent auto-sync. This will keep you from accidentally syncing the iPad until you are ready (or accidentally click the Sync button in iTunes). You can turn it back on later if you want.

When you connect the iPad and it offers to sync, choose Transfer Purchases if it is offered. If not cancel the dialog, right click on the iPad in the Devices list and choose Transfer Purchases.

When it is done go to the Apps page and make sure all your apps are present, and checked. If they are not both present and checked they will be removed when you sync.

I am not certain how it will handle Cydia apps, so be extra careful and make sure those apps have been transferred and have checkmarks.

Also keep and eye on the home page layout in iTunes. If it does not look like what is on your iPad try a backup (same place as Transfer Purchases).

It's a good idea to check all the other sync options too, to make sure they are set the way you want. If you've been syncing nothing, leave them off at first. You can try adding each section one at a time later, as needed.

Transfer Purchases will also copy all other iTunes purchases to the computer; such as music, iBooks, etc. It will (probably) not transfer stuff you added manually though email or other apps.

OP
S

striker_e23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank u very much. I've tried but do I need to authorize my iTunes in my laptop?
I tried to sync without authorizing it but still it deleted my apps downloaded via a piracy-enabling tweak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You will get no help here at this forum with your issue!

That piracy-enabling tweak is an app to facilitate the illegal downloading of App Store apps. In other words, you are stealing!

This forum does not condone any discussion of piracy.

You are on your own with your problem. Any more posting about this tweak or your problems with it will lead to you being banished from this forum.

One final thought - buy your apps and support the developers. Don't be a thief and DON'T BE A PIRATE!!!

Thread closed.

Marilyn

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts