What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

help me

TeaCup34

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am in limbo about this ipad. I need help to understand its concept better. I just see it as a larger ipod touch thats capable of performing w/ 3G. Am I wrong?:confused:

iJake

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The iPad isnt hard to read up on, check the main iPad pages on apple.com and watch the 8 minute video from apple, or for full detail, the keynote.

Dorje

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well if you dig through this forum you'll find many reasons why it isn't just a big Touch, and welcome to the boards by the way... and you'll also find reason why it is good that it is big iTouch.

For starters it's bigger. Right way this means more screen space for programs to use for their interfaces. The almost full size on screen touch keyboard trumps the iPods finger poking sized one for lenght web posting (I should know as I type this out an iPod). Along that line the iPod is a music player, the iPad is a video player. While I do watch a few and growing number of shows on the iPod the screen just isn't big enough for a good viewing experiance.

I actually find it funny when people say that is only a big iPod as if that was a negative. At the very least it's like saying a 56" TV is just a big 12" TV.

There is much more of course... watch the bloody keynote and fastforward to the app demos.

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ipad is not making coffee yet

I am in limbo about this ipad. I need help to understand its concept better. I just see it as a larger ipod touch thats capable of performing w/ 3G. Am I wrong?:confused:

ipad is surely not ''only'' a big ipod touch with a 3G, but depend on what you are waiting yet we know he didn't made the coffee but maybe one days you will remote you're coffee machine with the iPad :D

the main question is what do you wana do with iPad , we will reply to you if it's possible ...

But with you're basic question got a full reply is not that easy , it's like you ask what is a Ferrari except a red and fast car

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. I'll agree with the above posts. I think it's going to be much more then just a bigger iPod Touch. Almost 1 more week and we'll find out for sure!

DG~X

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome to the forums!!:) Hope you enjoy the site!

skrat982

iPF Noob
Reaction score
At minimum, you can carry your laptop everywhere, or you can carry an iPad for the majority of what you want to do.

Most reactions

Latest posts