What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HELP - iTunes not showing apps; afraid now to sync to i[ad2

mediaman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I had to do a fresh install on my computer to setup a Windows 7 PC (and of course took backups)

Status quo is this:
  • I can see ipad apps in Windows explorer
  • Itunes is pointing to that directory
  • I still have all my apps on the pad, but
  • I see no apps in itunes
I had to reinstall winddow 7 a few times, and everytime I reintalled itunes it all came back to life. This time, same process, but for some reason, I see no apps.

If I double click any an app file in windows explorer, that app will show up in iTunes. Very strage. Should I double click on each app??

Not sure how to move forward. I do not want to sync my ipad and i'm sure it well get clearef out.

I also have an issue with Activate/Deactivate this compter. in my previous troubleshooting to date, I used up some actications- I only have two shots leflt. Both menu itesm are available.

Any suggestions??

Let me ask this.. how do I contact Apple by email if I get in real trouble?

Attachments

• itunes-02.PNG
    itunes-02.PNG
    29 KB · Views: 311
  • itunes-03.PNG
    itunes-03.PNG
    2.5 KB · Views: 306
Last edited:
OP
mediaman09

mediaman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ok,I uninstalled and re-installed but I need to know two things before I can fix this:

1) Can someone please post a screen shot of the direcroty structure beneath iTunes. Mine is entries are messed up.

2) Can someone please advise what the last subdirectroy is supposed to be in the path? iie \iTunes or \iTunes\Media etc etc .

Attachments

• it-1.PNG
    it-1.PNG
    3.3 KB · Views: 311
  • it-2.PNG
    it-2.PNG
    6.1 KB · Views: 279
OP
mediaman09

mediaman09

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After a re-install and some file/folder movement, I now have the right structure and I can see my apps in itunes. But I can see how it will arrrange them as I have not connected the ipad yet.

Where does iTunes store the screen layout?

I have all my apps nested in menus....and I would imagine a fresh install of course had no nesting... will my layout, as I now see it on the ipad, be wiped out as soon as I resync? I have backups, so is there a specific file I should be looking for?

Attachments

• ipad_apps_device.PNG
    ipad_apps_device.PNG
    218.2 KB · Views: 339

Most reactions

Latest posts