What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! IPad crashed, won't do anything!

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My iPad has crashed. It wasn't activating when I opened the case so I tried to turn it off using the sleep-wake button but nothing happens. what do I do?

I forget what iPad I have but it's about five years old. I haven't tried to connect to a computer yet as I'm not near my computer for another day or two. Thanks.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
My iPad has crashed. It wasn't activating when I opened the case so I tried to turn it off using the sleep-wake button but nothing happens. what do I do?

I forget what iPad I have but it's about five years old. I haven't tried to connect to a computer yet as I'm not near my computer for another day or two. Thanks.

Hello - if your iPad is 5 years old that would mean 2010 (when the first iPad was released) or possibly 2011 which saw the iPad 2 - the model is printed on the back @ the bottom (but is hard to see) - I'm assuming that you use the old 30-pin charging adapter? Do you know what iOS is installed (current one is 8.4)?

Have you tried a 'Reset' (i.e. hold ON-OFF & HOME buttons at the same time until the Apple logo appears, release both, and see if the device responds)? Also, did you allow the charge to completely deplete - if so, an hour or so charging may be needed before the iPad responds (see this Apple Support Article) - if these maneuvers do not work, then you'll need to connect to your computer which may show that the device is in 'recovery mode' and needs to be restored (I hope that you have been doing routine backups either cabled to iTunes and/or via Wi-Fi) - the final step is to put the iPad into DFU mode (there is a sticky in the forum on the topic) - good luck and let us know if the first two suggestions above helps? Dave :)

OP
M

MoneyGuy

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hm, I was sure it had nearly a full charge but it seems it ran down to nothing. Thanks, I did as you suggested and it's charging now. Is it possible that something could happen to take it down to near 0% like that? Maybe the wife was using the iPad for hours and hours. :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hm, I was sure it had nearly a full charge but it seems it ran down to nothing. Thanks, I did as you suggested and it's charging now. Is it possible that something could happen to take it down to near 0% like that? Maybe the wife was using the iPad for hours and hours. :)

Well, just returning for the evening and saw your post above - cannot explain your charge issue since you're not sure - ;) But, let us know the results - Dave :)

Most reactions

Latest posts