What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help for an Apple Newbie

ChiefWeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am a recent convert to the Apple Brand. Having seen how much fun my wife has had from her Ipad2 I took the plunge after a lifetime's devotion to Microsoft and bought myself an Ipad mini and I LOVE it! however, I do find I get stuck with some fairly simple problems, as I am used to sorting things out on a PC or an Android device. I have already found out how to rotate videos, thanks to the Forum. My latest problem is that when I log on to the ITunes store on my Ipad, I can't play items purchased on my wife's Ipad (it tells me I haven't authorised the PC) and it keeps defaulting to her username, even though I have my own. If anyone can help, I would be v. grateful!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. I am a recent convert to the Apple Brand. Having seen how much fun my wife has had from her Ipad2 I took the plunge after a lifetime's devotion to Microsoft and bought myself an Ipad mini and I LOVE it! however, I do find I get stuck with some fairly simple problems, as I am used to sorting things out on a PC or an Android device. I have already found out how to rotate videos, thanks to the Forum. My latest problem is that when I log on to the ITunes store on my Ipad, I can't play items purchased on my wife's Ipad (it tells me I haven't authorised the PC) and it keeps defaulting to her username, even though I have my own. If anyone can help, I would be v. grateful!

Did you purchase these items with your wife's or your Apple ID?

OP
C

ChiefWeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, J.A. - I purchased them with my wife's Apple ID as I set that up on the Ipad2 I bought for her before using it myself. It was only when she started using the Ipad2 so much herself that I decided I had to get one of my own as I could no longer get my hands on hers!

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, J.A. - I purchased them with my wife's Apple ID as I set that up on the Ipad2 I bought for her before using it myself. It was only when she started using the Ipad2 so much herself that I decided I had to get one of my own as I could no longer get my hands on hers!

You can't transfer items you purchased with a different Apple ID to the one you're using now. You could set up her Apple ID on your device as well, to get these items. You'd have to change ID whenever you have to update an app. There's also the question if she will agree to this.

In case some of these items were free, you could easily "purchase" them again.

Last edited:
OP
C

ChiefWeasel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for Help

Thanks for your help, J.A. I guess this is another example of having to do things the "Apple Way", rather than finding some sneaky way round a problem, which I guess I am used to doing.

Most reactions

Latest posts