What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Help! Can't get pictures off iPad 2!

tortoiseman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi,

I have tried to get photos off my iPad but it does not work. I have tried three different windows computers.

One: Windows XP with iTunes. The Scanner and Camera Wizard comes up and I follow the instruction but when it starts importing them it does not do anything.

Two: Windows XP without iTunes. The Scanner and Camera Wizard comes up and I follow the instruction but when it starts importing it does not do anything.

Three: Windows 7 without iTunes. I plug it in and it asks me what I want to do. I click import photos with windows and then it says there are no photos to be imported.

This is really annoying and I am disappointed with Apple as I have found many things that I now can't do with it that seem pretty basic for everything else.

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Plug your iPad in, then go to Computer in Windows Explorer. You should see your iPad showing as a removable drive. Navigate to the DCIM folder and you'll find your photographs there. Then it's just a simple case of copying them to the Windows folder of your choice.

OP
T

tortoiseman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Plug your iPad in, then go to Computer in Windows Explorer. You should see your iPad showing as a removable drive. Navigate to the DCIM folder and you'll find your photographs there. Then it's just a simple case of copying them to the Windows folder of your choice.

We did this today but when we tried copying them then a error message came up saying " RPC Service not available".

Most reactions

Latest posts