What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Helo TC iPhone Controlled Helicopter Overview And Flight Test

PhilSynowiec

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com

The Griffin Helo TC is an iPhone, iPod Touch, & iPad controlled RC helicopter with the help of a dongle. You can purchase the full package which includes everything you need except 4 AAA batteries. Inside you get the dongle which sticks onto your iDevice, the Help TC Helicopter, USB charging cord, and some replacement blades. The helicopter itself is fun to fly but also a little difficult and could take some getting use to. The IR beam seems to work find and connect fine indoors and barely reaches outdoors. You're going to need to keep it inside and ace some rom for it not to crash into walls. Once you have it flying, it fairly simple to keep it in the air with joystick controls and a throttle on your screen. You can unlock Expert mode which will allow you to fly higher after a certain amount of flight time. The chopper hold a fair charge, about 15-20 minutes before it starts to die but it can charge back up in as little as 35 minutes. Overall for $50, if you have the room this would be a cool investment. If you're buying this for your child, be sure to supervise them as the helicopters plastic blades could possible them, it's not too bad though.

Get it here:
http://tinyurl.com/755otl5

Last edited by a moderator:

dragon499

iPF Novice
Reaction score
This is my review:

I used it with my Ipad:

I took it outside to a park and had some fun. I wasn't too good at navigating, but managed to get it at least 30 feet in the air, above a basketball court. The problem was, I couldn't figure out how to land, and my landing "technique." involved shutting off the app, which broke communication and made the helicopter slam to the ground. After only 2 crashes, both pieces of landing gear fell off, and I lost one of them. This next model needs to have sturdier pieces, as frequent crashes, especially from novice pilots, are to be expected. Also, the Infared method of communication is not the most practical, as it requires line of sight, between your iphone or ipad, and the helicopter. For emergency landings, the app has a "panic" button that is supposed to force a safe landing. The problem is that if a user needs the button because line of sight has been broken, the button will be useless. A radio frequency system of communication would have been a better choice.

In any event, the customer service people at Griffin Technology are very friendly and very helpful. I spent an additional $9.99 on a replacement parts kit which includes new landing gear pieces and will play with this some more. By the way, I found out about the helicopter from this really cool web site:

Uncrate | The Best Gear For Guys

Peterthomas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Cela semble être une super affaire si nous pouvons avoir les 3 étuis que vous l'avez mentionné. J ai étudié la technologie iPad depuis le début et il ya cette chose que je voudrais partager ici. iPad peut être fait très bien en tout, dans processer et d'autres trucs, mais la faiblesse de l'iPad, c'est que sa caméra et son utilisation comme un mobile ne vaut pas en fonction. En comparaison, si nous vérifions, nous trouverons que les autres comprimés ont inclus une caméra très haute résolution et un bon système mobile pour être capable de courir dans la compétition, mais iPad est laggingbehind dans ces spécifications.

Most reactions

Latest posts