What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

hello from belgium

patricia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello there,my name is patricia and i signed in on this site for my son ,he is 11 years old.
he has been given an ipad from my sister ,she just came back from the usa.
the ipad was fully loaded but now he is flat,in the applestore they said you can load it with your pc or laptop but that doesn't work,or you had to use an adapter or converter,she didn't understand it well,so we don't know what to do now,i am not an expert on this things ,could some one please explain me what we have to do.

NumbLock

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Welcome!

You can charge it from your USB pPC/Mac, but it takes a long time.
If it was originally a US iPad, probably you didn't get the adapter, or it has the wrong connector. You can get a new charger at any apple store, and that will charge at least 5x as fast.

Don't mix it up with an iPhone charger! The iPad charger has much more power. Make sure you ask specifically for an iPad charger.

OP
P

patricia50

iPF Noob
Reaction score
hello,yes we have the original adapter,but we are at 220 volt in Belgium and in the usa its 130 volt,if we connect it on the 220 volt won't it explode or does it go on the 2 different volts,we have a traveller adapter for the usa does it work like that.
thanks for the answer

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Your USA charger will work just fine on 220 volts. All you need is an adapter plug to convert from the American style plug to the European style plug. It will not blow up!

Most reactions