What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello everyone, new member and a bit lost

mrsrogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi there, I am new to the forum and am in need of some help please. Bought ipad with wifi only so I could use it to do my tafe assignments. Purchased docsongo app so I could use the app for word docs etc. Connecting to internet fine with wifi through nokia n8 using joikuspot premium no dramas, but when I try and pair the ipad to my desktop for the life of me no matter what I try it cannot see my device. I have spent a squillion hours making sure norton isn't blocking bonjour from the developers troubleshooting pages, made sure home sharing is enabled through itunes but I just cannot get the darn thing to work and I am pulling my hair out as the time I am wasting on trying to fix it is valuable study time so am a bit stressed.

Also I want to buy a wireless router that I can take my broadband sim card out of the stick in the pc's usb and put it into whatever I need to buy to get the wifi going and not use my phone anymore. I do not have a lan line so don't know what sort of hardware I should be purchasing.

help please please please !!!

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the Forum. It's wonderful to see another Aussie here. Because of the time differences around the world it's a little hard for someone to come to your aid right away. Just sit tight and someone will come along who can help you.

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say pair it with your PC are you talking Bluetooth - since 'pairing' is the normal terminology used for a BT connection. If so, then the iPad cannot be paired with a PC via BT. If you were talking WiFi, then there should be no problem, so perhaps you need to tell us a little bit more about what you are 'seeing' on the iPad.

If you want to take the SIM card out of your PC's USB 3G dongle and use it with something for the iPad, it will have to be a MiFi portable WiFi hotspot; the iPad's USB port cannot supply enough current to support any type of dongle.

Tim

Most reactions