What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

HBO Go HD quality on iPad 3?

jdongg

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm new to HBO Go. Actually just found out that I have access to it. Anyway, in their help files it says: "Yes, most shows on HBO GO are available in HD. Your video quality is automatically optimized for your viewing experience. HD is automatically provided if your computer setup and current connection speed support HD-quality video."

So does this mean that the iPad 3 doesn't support HD quality? I tried a couple of videos and they were definitely not HD quality...

Also, this is a related question with the MBP 13" and I didn't want to make two similar threads across forums so here goes: it doesn't seem like my MBP will play HD quality from HBO Go either. I just get something that looks like cell phone signal bars that says "your video quality has been optimized for your viewing experience."

FWIW: on my MBP, my connection is fantastic according to speedtest

Last edited:

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm new to HBO Go. Actually just found out that I have access to it. Anyway, in their help files it says: "Yes, most shows on HBO GO are available in HD. Your video quality is automatically optimized for your viewing experience. HD is automatically provided if your computer setup and current connection speed support HD-quality video."

So does this mean that the iPad 3 doesn't support HD quality? I tried a couple of videos and they were definitely not HD quality...

I don't understand your question. The statement says they offer HD quality, so why are you asking if the statement means that the iPad 3 doesn't support HD quality? And what does your MBP have to do with your iPad? What does "my connection is fantastic" mean? Did you try speedtest on your iPad?

FYI, HBO Go looks fine on my iPad.

Reaction score
KevinJS said:
MacBook Pro.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

Ahhh... Thanks! Sounds to me like you needs to investigate your iPad's Internet connection. Previous poster's suggestion of SpeedTest is a good idea.

nipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I use skygo as i cant get hbo , but with live movie channels and over 250 on demand movies its a great app , with sky atlantic i get most hbo shows , all for free with my sky subscription and a uk vpn as iam outside the uk , hd would be good on ipads and iphones but depends on your internet connection , hd normally means alot of buffering if you have under 10mbs internet , skygo works on both wifi and 3g , for hd the tv is always better

Most reactions

Latest posts