What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Have new iPad, want to give my old one to my daughter - what to do?

WesternGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am posting this here because I do not know which of the of the other forums it may belong to. I have a new iPad and I want to give my old iPad (iPad Pro 9.7 inch) to my daughter. I want to wipe all evidence of my ever having this iPad including my name and any other indications that I was once the owner. That way, she can set it up as her own as if she had just purchased it. How do I do that?

Thanks.

WesternGuy

OP
W

WesternGuy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
J.A. Thanks for the information. I managed to transfer my old information to my new information quite a while ago, when I bought it. I had this old iPad "sitting around gathering dust", so a few months later, my daughter asked me if she could have it. I cleared off all the Apps and a lot of personal stuff I had on the old one, but she could not get this one to work for her. I guess I need to reset it to "new" status for her to use it properly. I had to reset my AppleId, unfortunately, Apple does not seem to distinguish between the two iPads, so I have to work out the new ID so that I do not delete stuff from the new iPad instead of the old one. I will shutoff the new one and leave it elsewhere when I deal with my old iPad. I will follow the instructions from the URL you sent to me and see what happens. It is still unclear how my name would be removed from the old iPad and be replaced by hers.

WesternGuy

Jupiter7

iPad Fan
Reaction score
J.A. Thanks for the information. I managed to transfer my old information to my new information quite a while ago, when I bought it. I had this old iPad "sitting around gathering dust", so a few months later, my daughter asked me if she could have it. I cleared off all the Apps and a lot of personal stuff I had on the old one, but she could not get this one to work for her. I guess I need to reset it to "new" status for her to use it properly. I had to reset my AppleId, unfortunately, Apple does not seem to distinguish between the two iPads, so I have to work out the new ID so that I do not delete stuff from the new iPad instead of the old one. I will shutoff the new one and leave it elsewhere when I deal with my old iPad. I will follow the instructions from the URL you sent to me and see what happens. It is still unclear how my name would be removed from the old iPad and be replaced by hers.

WesternGuy
You do not need to have a new Apple ID or deal with each device in a different place. Once you have signed out of your old device, you simply delete everything from Settings and it will be ready for your daughter to set up as hers.

Most reactions

Latest posts