What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hand Sanitizer on Ipad Screen Protector

Coughfee

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi, I would like to know whether wiping hand sanitizer on my iPad screen which is covered with screen protector will harm the oleophobic coating or not? Since I accidentally applied it then only I realized it contained alcohol.

mrcupu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
im not sure but im frequently rubbing my cheap screen protector with wipes which contains alcohol to clean it and i cant tell either it has negative effect or not

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Coughfee said:
Hi, I would like to know whether wiping hand sanitizer on my iPad screen which is covered with screen protector will harm the oleophobic coating or not? Since I accidentally applied it then only I realized it contained alcohol.

The only place it could get at the oleophobic coating would be at the edges. It should be alright is long as you don't keep using it. Use an alcohol free cleaner, instead.

Most reactions

Latest posts