What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from MinneSNOWta

iCrush

iPF Noob
Reaction score
WOW, what a great time in the evolution of computing.

My wife surprised me a little over a week ago with an iPad 64gb 3G, for my birthday.

I have been spending a lot of time finding a few apps that will allow me to use the iPad for note taking.

My big question is where does a guy, in his mid 40's, find a bag to carry his iPad in, that does not took girlish?

I have a case; I am just looking for something that will allow me to keep my hands free.

Thanks,
Gregg

mslammers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Carrying iPad etc.

WOW, what a great time in the evolution of computing.

My wife surprised me a little over a week ago with an iPad 64gb 3G, for my birthday.

I have been spending a lot of time finding a few apps that will allow me to use the iPad for note taking.

My big question is where does a guy, in his mid 40's, find a bag to carry his iPad in, that does not took girlish?

I have a case; I am just looking for something that will allow me to keep my hands free.

Thanks,
Gregg
Gregg, in the 17-1800s, men routinely carried shoulder bags since they had lots more to carry than just wallet things. I [72 yrs old] have been carrying an Ameribag shoulder bag or equivalent since 1998. My current one is a New York messenger bag. I can carry my small camera, sun glasses, reading glasses, wallet, flashlight, folding knife [not on airplanes], medication if needed, lighted magnifier [for reading menus in dark restaurants], small purchases, spare keys and still have room for extras. I expect to carry my iPad [in a slim case] as required. I am 6' 2" and 220 lbs and no one calls me a girl. Not that it would be a bad thing if I was one.

So, get a shoulder bag that holds what you need and as a side benefit, it relieves pressure on the nerves that run through each hip and can cause real problems from constant pressure of a bulging wallet.

You can find bags on the Internet.
Welcome to the iPad forum. Mine is arriving on Fri, 25 June direct from China. I have been reading the Guide in the meantime. iPad, WiFi, 64 GB. I plan to continue my browsing on my desktop. Not on the iPad. It will be my main photo and video display unit.

Griffinaz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like mslammers idea for choice in bag types. In addition to not looking girly it also doesn't advertise to everyone you pass that you have a $800+ device on you. For the few times that it is not in my actual hands I usually carry mine in a sports bag over my shoulder.

IPad-Fan-64

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Welcome to the site :)

I have seen bags specially for the iPad but in the shops here in the uk not sure if they have them where you are though. They also have room for accessories.

Most reactions