What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Greetings from a new member

Macbeth59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am using my iPad to study chess and download and save pgn files, which are small files around 50kb containing moves to a chess game.
However, I have no idea where these files are stored,, and so can't access them.
Could anyone please help?
Thanks in advance.......

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am using my iPad to study chess and download and save pgn files, which are small files around 50kb containing moves to a chess game.
However, I have no idea where these files are stored,, and so can't access them.

Hello and welcome to the forum! :) You likely need an app that is a PGN Viewer - I went to the App Store and entered the search terms shown by the arrow in the attached image which produced plenty of hits - see if this helps?

Now, I do not play chess anymore and have not tested these apps - so up to you; others w/ experience using these files hopefully will 'chime in' - good luck. Dave
IMG_6611.PNG

OP
M

Macbeth59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello and welcome to the forum! :) You likely need an app that is a PGN Viewer - I went to the App Store and entered the search terms shown by the arrow in the attached image which produced plenty of hits - see if this helps?

Now, I do not play chess anymore and have not tested these apps - so up to you; others w/ experience using these files hopefully will 'chime in' - good luck. Dave
View attachment 73086

OP
M

Macbeth59

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Giradman for your reply. I do actually have a pgn reader as you suggested, but I don't know where the pgn files are stored on my iPad 4. I really appreciate your help, and will try different pgn viewers as you suggest.
Many thanks again
Macbeth 59

Most reactions

Latest posts