What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Got My iPad, but not the iPad 2, oh well

j joy j

iPF Novice
Reaction score
The local Verizon store had the iPad 32/3G on clearance, it was the last one they had. I originally called to see if they had any iPad2s but of course everyone is out where I am. I walked out of there with a brand new one for $359, I didn't think that was too bad. I figured with what I saved I'll wait it out for the iPad3 and this one can move to one of my kids. So, finally, proud to say that I am an iPad owner after such a long hesitation and all my research iPad2 vs Xoom, it'll work for now!

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The local Verizon store had the iPad 32/3G on clearance, it was the last one they had. I originally called to see if they had any iPad2s but of course everyone is out where I am. I walked out of there with a brand new one for $359, I didn't think that was too bad. I figured with what I saved I'll wait it out for the iPad3 and this one can move to one of my kids. So, finally, proud to say that I am an iPad owner after such a long hesitation and all my research iPad2 vs Xoom, it'll work for now!

You absolutely won't be disappointed. And what a great price, too!! It would make me happy just thinking of all the money I'd saved.

Enjoy your iPad and let us know what you think....

Tim

Rudinater

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are not going to notice any differences.

Get some apps and have fun.

Worry about replacing it only after it dies many years from now.

Welcome to the club.

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You made a smart move.
Only thing better with iPad-2 is the size and weight.
$360 is almost free.

Hayles66

iPF Novice
Reaction score
j joy j said:

Wow! What a good price, it almost makes you want to get those cheaper ones and forget the iPad 2 until it becomes a 3.

desaun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Believe me, you won't regret it. I did the same thing. Picked up a 64GB 3G from AT&T for $529 a couple of weeks ago and I'm loving it!!!

Like Hayles66 said, enjoy what you got and use the money you saved on the iPad 3 when they release it. :)

zorah

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What a deal! And I'm with the others-you really won't notice the difference. I have the iPad 1. I just got mine 5 months ago and am not upgrading. Tested out the 2 in the store-no practical difference; got home and couldn't even tell. I enjoy my iPad every day. Have a blast!! You got a great bargain! Way to go! Plus you have 3G option at that price too! You won't regret at all! ENJOY!!!

GoGoGadgetGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Trust me you will have no regrets....The more you start to use it you will realize that yes this was money well spent. Enjoy

Most reactions