What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Updates Google Search Experience for iPad

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
google_search_iPad.JPG
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Google announced via its Google Mobile Blog today that it has “improved†the www.google.com search experience for those using it on their tablet devices, including the iPad of course! According to Google, the layout of search result pages has been simplified, and the size of page content such as text, buttons and other “touch targets†has been increased so that you can browse and interact with search results much more easily in both portrait and landscape views. Google says the search experience should also be faster as well with the new tablet-optimised layout. For example, the search button situated underneath the search box will now have quick access to certain categories of results, such as Images, Videos, Places, Shopping and more. Simply tap the search button to open the menu and choose from the list of available options. Google has also worked hard to improve image results when searching from your iPad, introducing enlarged image previews, continuous scroll, and faster loading of thumbnails. Don’t worry if you find that you haven’t got the new features right away on your iPad, as Google says that the update will be rolling out over the next few days across 36 languages.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Source: [/FONT]New Google Search experience for tablets - Official Google Mobile Blog, via 9to5 Mac

OUTL4W

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I was wondering why google looked so large on the iPad compared to before....thought I was on the mobile version and was pulling out the last lil hair I have looking for the "desktop" link. o_O

Thanks

Most reactions

Latest posts