What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google Contacts Sync & iMessenger

kevmars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi All

havent posted for a while.

Just updated my ipad2 to Ios5 everything went smoothly (eventually).
I have an android phone and was just wondering is it possible to synce all my contacts that are on my gmail account to the ipad to save me time manually entering all my contacts out of my phone into my ipad?

Also i see that we now have iMessenger. Great if i new how to use it. How do you add contacts and send them a message as if i go to my settings and click learn more it doesnt really tell you how to use iMessenger.

All help very much appreciated

Thanks

dayangheimy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
kevmars said:
Hi All

havent posted for a while.

Just updated my ipad2 to Ios5 everything went smoothly (eventually).
I have an android phone and was just wondering is it possible to synce all my contacts that are on my gmail account to the ipad to save me time manually entering all my contacts out of my phone into my ipad?

Also i see that we now have iMessenger. Great if i new how to use it. How do you add contacts and send them a message as if i go to my settings and click learn more it doesnt really tell you how to use iMessenger.

All help very much appreciated

Thanks

You you can sync gmail contact from mail setting.

For imessenger, you can add number or email of person that using imessage too. The name will turn blue if they are on imessenger.

OP
K

kevmars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
i have had a look a t the mail settings for my gmail account and there isnt an option to import my contacts all i get is mail, calendar and notes but if i have a look at my icloud settings i have contacts. so now the question will be can i import from google contacts into my icould account or do i have to manually enter them??

Mahmud57

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think, if you set your gmail account through Exchange server you will see the sync option for contact. I got that idea from poet. You have to set the server name m.google.com

Gixer7502

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think, if you set your gmail account through Exchange server you will see the sync option for contact. I got that idea from poet. You have to set the server name m.google.com

This is correct, you need to set it up using the exchange option.
Any changes on the device affect contacts saved online.
You delete from device then it is deleted from google contacts!!

OP
K

kevmars

iPF Noob
Reaction score
All sorted now guys. Took your advice and researched it a bit more and you do have to do it through the exchange. didnt know that about the contacts when you delete them but just the same as android. Thanks for your help

Most reactions