What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Google calendar app for ipad?

Ennui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Events in iPad calendar do not sync up to Google calendar

Thanks for your tip. I indeed missed the step of going to m.google.com/sync and check the calendar. Now all events from Google sync to my iPad nicely.

However, the same does not work from the other direction. I would appreciate any additional tips you may have.

Thank you.

DaWeav

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for your tip. I indeed missed the step of going to m.google.com/sync and check the calendar. Now all events from Google sync to my iPad nicely.

However, the same does not work from the other direction. I would appreciate any additional tips you may have.

Thank you.

Take a peek at the iPad Settings for the Mail, Contacts, Calendars. In the very last section of settings for Calendars, I have my default calendar set to my Google Calendar. Notice the text just below the default calendar which states, 'New events created outside of a specific calendar will default to this calendar.' Unfortunately, that text is not very noticeable.

And since I have an Android phone, I also have all the other default account settings on this page set to my (Exchange) Gmail account instead of something else like Mobile Me for example because it states the same thing for Contacts which keeps all my contacts in sync whether I'm on my Android, Google Contacts, or iPad.

Ennui

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Ipad calendar all working with Google calendar

DaWeav,

Man you are a genius! Thanks for the great tips from end to end. This now works perfectly as I had expected and hoped!

Have a great day!

Richard (Ennui was an accidental typo)

Most reactions