What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Goodreader

edbrumby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Don't expect any replies to queries from goodreader. I bought the iPad2 to load all my word docs on to it. Through the years I have converted them all to word 97 2003. Goodreader will not open some of the files. I have at last discovered that although I converted these files from windows 98 word version to word 97, there appears to be some embedded characters that still say it is win 98. There are too many files to change. Does anyone know of a reader that will open these as well as PDF
Ed

OP
E

edbrumby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. Yes I have tried to open with docs to go and it says invalid format. I wonder what will happen to documents as years go by and we can't open them?
Ed

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
edbrumby said:
Thanks. Yes I have tried to open with docs to go and it says invalid format. I wonder what will happen to documents as years go by and we can't open them?
Ed

How about DocAS?

The Archangel

OP
E

edbrumby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks. I download the lite version and it didn,t open the file. At least it had a help file and explained about old versions of word. I knew one day having .doc for lots of versions would screw things up. I am desperate to get rid of mynpc and move to my iMac
Ed

OP
E

edbrumby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I need to work on them. I am thinking of counting up how many files need to be changed and enlisting help from friends.
Thanks
Ed

OP
E

edbrumby

iPF Noob
Reaction score
edbrumby said:
I need to work on them. I am thinking of counting up how many files need to be changed and enlisting help from friends.
Thanks
Ed

Goodreader have responded to my email!! I have sent them a sample file so will keep you posted
Ed

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
edbrumby said:
Goodreader have responded to my email!! I have sent them a sample file so will keep you posted
Ed

That is great news, I'm looking forward to hearing what they have to say.

The Archangel

Most reactions

Latest posts