What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

GoodReader not opening any Docs or Folders

e3372

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello,

I have this peculiar problem; since yesterday evening I cannot open any documents or folders even though these are displayed in the GoodReader directory. Hence, I can open the app itself, but not the content. This also applies to the settings buttons, they change colour when pressed, but will not open any dialogue. I can scroll and search for documents, but cannot open them.

Here are the specs:

iPad 1st generation
iOS 5.1.1
Jailbroken

I had to jailbreak it due to the f.lux app which makes reading easier on the eyes for me. I have looked into the possibility that the jailbreak itself might cause this malfunction, but could not find any app (I only have a handful) that could interfere with GoodReader.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
e3372

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hello e3372 and welcome to the forum. I have moved your thread to the iPad Hacking forum where you are likely to receive more attention to your issue.
Andrew

OP
E

e3372

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you Andrew. I appreciate it.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Hi and welcome to the forum. It's good to "see" you and we hope you enjoy your visits.

Have you tried the standard fixes - fully close Goodreader, then restart or reset the iPad? It often helps a lot. To do (apologies if you know):

Fully Close an App: Double tap the Home button (or do a 4-finger swipe up) to reveal a row of icons in the multi-tasking bar. Press and hold an icon until they all start to wiggle and you see a red circle with a minus sign ("-") in the top left. Press the minus sign to fully close the app. Don't worry, it won't remove the app from your iPad, just from the iPad's resident memory.

Then...
Restart: Hold down the power button until the power off slider appears. Slide it off. When the iPad finishes shutting down, hold down the power button again until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, try this last step...

Reset: Hold both the power and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the Apple logo then appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear). Once the logo appears, release the buttons. After a time, your homescreen will appear. Please note that it may take some time for the Apple logo to appear or for your homescreen to appear (or both). This is normal. Eventually, the homescreen will appear.

Hopefully, this will sort it. If not, holler back and we'll take another shot at it.

Marilyn

P.S. Ain't that f.lux tweak the BEST?! :) Apple should make it stock, IMNSHO.

Most reactions

Latest posts